Full membership including optional PII* is offered to communication and language professionals who are:
* Registered/Regulated Qualified British Sign Language Interpreters
* Registered/Regulated Lipspeakers (L3)
* Registered/Regulated Deafblind Interpreters (L3)
* Registered/Regulated Deaf Interpreters (NVQ6)
* Registered/Regulated British Sign Language Translators (NVQ6)
* VLP recognises NRCPD, RBSLI & SASLI as current regulators in the UK.
* Student membership including optional PII* is offered to those professionals who are Registered/Regulated Trainee British Sign Language Interpreters.
* Also optional PII* cover of £250k with additional PII/PLI amounts by request.
The VLP membership year runs from the 1st April to the following 31st March.
There is no pro rata for mid-year membership.
*PII = Professional Indemnity Insurance. PII is an insurance that indemnifies members against their legal liability for professional negligence. PII is purchased by VLP on behalf of its members through its insurance brokers, McParland Finn Limited (t/as MFL Professional), who arrange this insurance for us. McParland Finn Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and VLP is an Appointed Representative of McParland Finn Limited.
Code of Conduct